The Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) with funding from the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT),
Co-design digital educational resources, an exhibition and a series of dialogues with secondary school teachers and researchers from different CSIC disciplines.
TalentLab hires talent of researchers, teachers and professors or the general public to co-create educational resources, exhibitions and debates on different branches of science.
TalentLab brings together the educational community and professionals from the scientific community linked to the CSIC. They carry out a collective process of co-designing and co-creating educational resources, an exhibition and a series of dialogues about an object, golden rice. a body, exoskeletons and a landscape, Hiroshima. It was based on a series of face-to-face co-creation workshops that explore biological sciences, environmental chemistry, earth sciences, artificial intelligence, astrophysics, ocean sciences and archaeology. The face-to-face work is complemented by an online collaboration platform.
Seven educational resources:
- DiscussICT: A board game to help us understand the case-based reasoning used by Artificial Intelligence.
- My weather: A meteorology project that includes the construction of DIY measuring devices, data capture and representation in an infographic.
- The sex of snails: Collaborative research project between schools which includes a practical session that links the sex of sea snails with sea pollution.
- Live energy: A project for learning about bioenergy from a scientific, business, journalistic and artistic perspective.
- Trip to Mars: A virtual game that offers the player a trip to Mars. To get there you will have to take off, move and land. Each stage includes scientific questions and challenges that need to be overcome before you can move forward.
- Fishing. Before and Now: explaining the fishing industry in the classroom, through a video
- Reconstructing the past: An insight into the world of archaeology through the study of ceramics production techniques used by the first settlers during the Neolithic period.
- Dialogue 1 Hybrid Nature. An object: golden rice.
- Dialogue 2 Hybrid Nature. A body: the exoskeleton.
- Dialogue 3 Hybrid Nature. A landscape: Hiroshima.